Sunday, February 6, 2011

FOOT: Socially Networked Classroom

As I am reading through the Kist book, I find myself liking the ideas presented in the text. Around page 12, Dr. Kist wrote about the Multigenre Autobiography. While making my own for class and reading this book, I think this would be a great tool to use in my future classroom. Since at the beginning of the year, many people are hesitant about being in a new class with a new teacher and new students. I think that it is a great way for people to get to know a little more about each other. Also, I remember talking in one of the prior education courses I've taken about sharing appropriate information about yourself with the class. By modeling this activity with my own Multigenre Autobiography, I think it would be a way for my future class to see a little about what I like to read and other texts I enjoy.
Another thing I am noticing while reading is the way the book is formatted. I know it might seem silly that this is something that sticks out to me but it is. I find it much easier to read this text because the activities are boxed off and little key phrases or questions are in shaded boxes. If this book was just 100% text throughout the page without the areas being sectioned off, I would probably have a much harder time reading this text since it is non-fiction.
On page 62 and 63, I really enjoy the literature circle section and rubric. I personally really enjoyed literature circles when we used them in Dr. Pytash's class last semester. Last semester we were participating in them and this section kind of helps to establish how to uses them from the teacher side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment