Monday, February 7, 2011

FOOT: Pleasure Watching of the Packers Beating the Steelers

So as most people know, last night was the Superbowl. The Green Bay Packers won over the Pittsburg Steelers. Being a Browns fan, I rooted for the Packers. Yet, as I checked my Facebook during halftime (because I do not like the Black Eyed Peas) I couldn't help notice all of the status updates about the game, the commercials, and even twitter updates that are linked to facebook about the game. I saw that at least 5 friends had posted at roughly the same time about Christina Agulera missing a line of the national anthem criticizing her. They said things like "how could you be so stupid and mess up one song that everyone knows, I could have sung it better" and other variations of such. At first, I sided with them considering pretty much every sporting event in America will sing the national anthem before hand. Yet, as I thought more about it, I put myself in her position. MILLIONS of people are watching and she might have been nervous or something.
I felt almost angry at my friends for making remarks about her messing up once when they probably couldn't have done it at all if they were in her position. People may make fun of the times people forget things on "Jay Walking" on the Jay Leno Show but I'm sure if they had the same pressure on them, they probably couldn't have done any better.

Anyway, unrelated to the Steelers or Packers, I hope next year the Browns have a winning season. I have no idea if they will make it to the superbowl (in all reality probably not but its' always nice to hope) but I do hope next year will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment