Sunday, February 6, 2011

FOOT: Autobiography Update (Part 2: We're going to need another Timmy)



Here is another thing I found when searching Youtube for things to include in my multigenre autobiography. The more I search, the more I realize two things. One is that some of the things I used to watch as a kid was crazy and some of it has a totally different meaning now. Another thing is that the TV that is on now it boring in comparison. Granted there are the TV shows that I like but I feel nothing can really compare to what used to be on. Now TV is filled with reality and game shows. As I was thinking about it, there are really only 3 TV shows that are not reality show based: Chuck, Being Human (the US version...Sorry!), and The Office. Otherwise it is shows like Say Yes to the Dress, Real Housewives (Beverly Hills), TLC, Discovery, and History Channel shows. I feel compelled to find all of my favorite shows from the 90s on DVD to show my future children because some of the stuff that is on today scares me.

ALSO I need to find this movie somewhere! I remember watching it when I was younger and I want to watch it again!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree, tv today is nothing like tv used to be. Especially when it comes to kids shows. You have their attention spans getting shorter and shorter so you no longer have shows that depended on you seeing each episode every week with a continuing plot. Now cartoons are made up of two 15 minutes episodes that have nothing to do with one another. The shows are less about emotion and character development and more about immaturity. There will always be exceptions, but I think lately it's been going overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally forgot about Dinosaurs and I loved it!!! I am so glad you reminded me!!!

    ReplyDelete