Thursday, February 17, 2011

FOOT: Great Films and How To Teach Them (Part 1)

I find this book pretty interesting so far. The whole time I've been reading it, I keep thinking to myself how much I loved video projects in high school (and even college).



This is a video project that I created in Educational Technology with my group. (We won the "prize" of bonus points for having the best video in the class as voted by our classmates.) I think it would be a really neat idea to combine teaching a "great film" and teach some of the technical terms involved with the movie. Then afterward, have the students create their own movie adaptations of a text we have discussed in class or from a list and have some of the grading critera be based off their demonstration of their knowledge of technical terms. For example, the students could be graded on their use of transitions (page 8), the shots and angles used (page 28), the soundtrack (page 30), and the editing (page 37).

No comments:

Post a Comment