Tuesday, April 26, 2011

FOOT: Final Reflection

I found out a lot about teaching this semester in Multi-modals. It really helped force me to think about teaching differently than I had before. I think that I will incorporate some of the ideas learned this semester into my future classroom. I really think that I will use the multi-genre autobiography during the beginning of each semester to help my students think about different texts. I feel that it would make a great group project since most students will likely have watched very similar things. I would have each group focus on a different kind of text and present their presentation to the class.

I would also like to use some of the activities that we have done in class in my own classroom as ice breakers. I think Count to Ten would be a fun way to get the kids involved. I know that from our experience, we got really competitive which made it really fun. Another activity that I would like to incorporate would be the video project. I think that I would like to adapt this project to fit the texts that we are reading. It would be really neat if the students created videos with their adaptations of canonical texts. Another idea that I will use in the future would be some of the links on the canonical wiki. I think that it will prove to be a wonderful resource to use.



2 comments:

  1. I think that's an interesting way to incorporate the multi-genre autobiography. I hadn't thought of using it for a group project. I plan on using some of the ice breakers as well once I become a teacher; however, I don't think I will use the This is an Apple strategy. I think that will just confuse students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean "This is an apple" confused me as a college student, I wouldn't want my students to be that confused over an ice breaker.

    ReplyDelete