Sunday, January 30, 2011

FOOT: Pleasure "Reading"? Do Duct Tape dresses based off literary texts count as a text?

Hey everyone!
I will be working this spring with Fashion Week Cleveland again and this time I figured "Hey, why not combine duct tape and literature in a fantastic explosion of creativity!?!?"
As promotion for FWC and a potential wearable art fashion show next year, I will be (hopefully) attending the pre-parties and also (maybe) Cuyahoga County Public Libraries during the days of the parties. Everything is still in the works but I'm very excited. I have as of right now 5 designs on the drawing board and would love to hear some input.
I will be basing my ideas off literary works (novels, poems, authors, etc). As of right now I have a "The Raven" by Poe dress, a "Leaves of Grass" by Whitman dress, "The Inferno" by Dante dress, and a few other rough ideas.
Look for updates in the near future and once I refine my designs, I'll try to post them on my other blog. It's called TAPED! by Sadie and if you click on TAPED! it will take you to that site. (Okay to clear up any confusion: For those who don't know this already, I deeply dislike that my name is so common so Sadie is my nickname that I use when designing though people will call me both Sarah and Sadie)

If you just want to see pictures, my lovely photographer friends Tanya Perez and Robert Banks have some sets up on Flickr. For some of Tanya's pictures you can click here, here, here or here. (I know it's a lot of links) The ever wonderful Robert Banks also took some photos which you can view here.

No comments:

Post a Comment