Sunday, March 13, 2011

FOOT: In preparation for Fashion Week Cleveland

The other day, I met with Donald, the head of Fashion Week Cleveland. He invited me to come look at the space where the actual even will be held. We visited The Western Reserve Historical Society where we walked around and looked at the space and where everything would be stationed. More specifically we walked around the Crawford Auto and Aviation museum. I had never been to the museum before so I found it very interesting. My original idea was to incorporate literature into my designs, but after walking around the venue I am toying around the idea of vintage cars and dresses.

I'm still unsure about what direction I want to go in. I think it is a great idea to take students to museums and expose them to learning outside the classroom. I know when I was younger, we had scavanger hunts planned by our teacher at the Natural History Museum.


If anyone was interested in going to Fashion Week Cleveland (Yes, I know it's expensive) you can find information about the event and after party HERE.



These are two of my dresses (and part of my duct tape wedding dress in the background) at last year's Fashion Week Cleveland

2 comments:

  1. As an avid fan of out of the box thinking and cars, I love the idea you have of combining them. You should post pictures if you do this! Maybe instead of thinking about how to incorporate literature into dresses, also a great idea, you could introduce your talent and use it in the classroom. This is something I am sure your students would benefit from if you use it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dresses, by the way! I forgot to say that in the last post.

    ReplyDelete